Below is a full list of sources to specific examples of consequences that have occurred once marriage has been redefined as a genderless institution.
Religious groups who have refused to make their facilities available for same-sex couples have lost their state tax exemption.
- June 8, 2012, Zenit.org, Christians Pay Consequences for Opposing Same-Sex Marriage
- January 13, 2012, LifeSiteNews.com: Judge Rules Christian Facility Cannot Ban Same-Sex Civil Union Ceremony on its Own Premises
- September 18, 2007, The New York Times: Group Loses Tax Break Over Gay Union Issue
- September 18, 2005, LifeSiteNews.com, Knights of Columbus Challenged by Canadian Lesbians for Refusing to Rent Hall for ‘Wedding’ Reception
Religious groups like Catholic Charities in Boston and Washington DC have had to choose between fulfilling their social mission based on their religious beliefs, or acquiescing to this new definition of marriage. They have, for example, been forced to close their charitable adoption agencies.
- September 10, 2012, CBS Boston, Gay Couple Sues Worcester Diocese For Refusing To Sell Mansion To Them
- September 14, 2011, CitizenLink.com, IL Christian Foster Care Group Loses State Contract
- June 3, 2011, Chicago Tribune: Catholic Charities in Joliet, Peoria Opt Out of Adoptions
- May 31, 2011, Associated Press: Rockford Diocese Ends Adoptions Over Gay Rights Law
- February 17, 2010, CNA, Same-sex ‘marriage’ law forces D.C. Catholic Charities to close adoption program
- March 10, 2006, Catholic Online, Boston’s Catholic Charities to stop adoption service over same-sex law
Nonprofit groups are faced with abandoning their historic mission principles in order to maintain governmental contracts (for things like low-income housing, health clinics, etc.)
Whenever schools educate children about marriage, which happens throughout the curriculum, they will have no choice but to teach this new genderless institution. In Massachusetts, kids as young as second grade were taught about gay marriage in class. The courts ruled that parents had no right to prior notice, or to opt their children out of such instruction.
- January 09, 2012, TheBlaze.com: New Sex Ed Standards Call for Homosexuality to be Explained to 5th Graders
- October 16, 2011, LA Times, hard copy, How to Teach Gay Issues in 1st Grade?
- October 13, 2011, LifeSiteNews.com: It’s the Law- Grandfather Worries Pro- Homosexual Curriculum will Confuse Granddaughter
- June 9, 2011, LifeSiteNews.com, Toronto School Board- Parents Cant Opt Kids Out of Pro-Homosexual Curriculum
- May 28, 2011, Fox News Video, Gay Activist Defends Mandatory transgender Training in Oakland Elementary School
- May 26, 2011, EdgeontheNet.com: First Graders in SF Learn About Marriage Equality for Harvey Milk Day
- May 25, 2011, Fox News: Transgender Clownfish? Gender Diversity Lesson at California School Riles Critics
- March 28, 2011, Advocate: U.K. Equality Watchdog Recommends Asking Kids If They’re Gay
- November 17, 2010, Pacific Justice Institute Press Release: East Bay City Debates Pro-Gay Film for Elementary Students
- December 7, 2009, Citizen Link: CA Principal Apologizes for Homosexuality Workshop
- May 27, 2009, San Francisco Chronicle: Alameda School Board Adopts Respect- Gays Class
- November 1, 2008, Fox News, School Clams Up on Gay Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners
- October 22, 2008, WND: School Holds Surprise ‘Gay’ Day for Kindergartners
- April 20, 2006, Baptist Press: Mass 2nd-Grade Teacher Reads Class ‘Gay Marriage’ book, admin backs her
Wedding professionals have been fined for refusing to participate in a same-sex ceremony.
- October 22, 2012, TheBlaze.com, Lesbians Launch Discrimination Complaint Against NY Farm Owners for Refusing to Host Their Gay Wedding
- August 24, 2012, CBS News: VT Inn, 2 Women Settle Gay Marriage Lawsuit
- July 19, 2012, LifeSiteNews.com: Christian B&B Owners Ordered to Pay Gay Couple $4500 in Damages
- November 12, 2011, KCCI.com: Wedding Cake Battle Brews Between Couple, Baker
- October 20, 2011, LifeSiteNews.com, Elderly B&B Couple Still in Limbo After Refusing Lodgings to 2 Homosexual Men
- September 23, 2011, LifeSiteNews.com, Homosexual Couple Prepares to Sue Two Illinois Bed and Breakfasts
- August 23, 2011, Associated Press: VT Inn Denies Discriminating Against SSM Reception
- August 22, 2011, Los Angeles Times, N.J. Bridal Salon Slammed for Refusing to Sell Gown to Lesbian
- July 20, 2011, ABC News: ACLU: Wildflower Inn Sued Over Refusal to Host Gay Wedding
- July 19, 2011, Associated Press: Lesbian Couple- VT Resort Barred Reception
- February 23, 2011, NBC Chicago: Gay Couple Files Discrimination Complaint
- January 19, 2011, ABC News: UK Couple Wins Hotel Case
- January 01, 2011, Christian Post, Court- Canadian Commissioners Must Wed Gay Couples
Doctors, lawyers, accountants and other licensed professionals risk their state licensure if they act on their belief that a same-sex couple cannot really be married. A counselor, for example, could not refuse “marriage therapy” to a same-sex couple because she doesn’t believe in gay marriage. She’d put her licensure at risk.
- August 22, 2012, The Foundry Blog: New Mexico Photographer’s Religious Freedom Case Goes to State Supreme Court
- July 16, 2011, Christian Broadcasting Network, Religious freedom in England Gay Man Tricks Christian Therapist
- January 11, 2011, Christian Post, Court- Canadian Commissioners Must Wed Gay Couples
- December 16, 2009, Christian Post: U.K. Court Rules Against Christian who Refused to Conduct Gay Ceremony
- March 16, 2009, Hartford Courant: Florists Can’t Discriminate Against Gay Couples
- August 19, 2008, Metro News-Enterprise: S.C. Reverses Ruling in Lesbian Artifial Insemination Case
- May 28, 2008, ABC News: ‘You Can’t Opt Out of the Law Because of Your Religious Beliefs,’ Says Lambda
- August 3, 2007, USA Today: Doctors Accused of Using Faith to Violate gay Bias Laws
Those people – a strong majority of Minnesotans – who believe marriage is between one man and one woman, would be the legal equivalent of bigots for acting on their heartfelt beliefs. Refusal to accommodate and recognize same-sex “marriages” would be the equivalent of racial discrimination. Not only will the law penalize traditional marriage supporters, but the power of government will work in concert to promote this belief throughout the culture.
- March 28, 2012, Christian Concern, Christian Doctor Sacked Following Prayer E-mail
- March 12, 2012, The Blaze, British Christians Fight for Right to Wear a Cross at Work
- November 17, 2011, National Post: Damian Goddard Sportsnet Firing Tests Religious Freedom, Free Speech
- October 24, 2011, Fox Nation: Man Demoted for Not Backing Gay Marriage
- October 14, 2011, The Catholic Review: Advance of SSM Deepens Concern for Religious Liberty
- November 13, 2011, World Net Daily: High Court Considers Barring Christian Foster Parents
- February 16, 2009, Fox News: Student Sues L.A. College Over Right to Give Anti-Gay Marriage Speech
- December 11, 2008,, BW City Paper: Op-Ed, Gay By Force
- July 17, 2008, National Review Online: Gay Abandon: Must we give up our First Amendment liberties?
- June 17, 2008, Christian Science Monitor: Gay marriage: a new bind for church groups
- June 24, 2007, Washington Post: Speech Police, Riding High in Oakland
- June 24, 2005, WND.com: Allstate Terminates Manager Over Homosexuality Column
It’s already happened in Canada! Click here to read testimonials from various Canadians on the real life consequences of redefining marriage.